Since East London Printmakers’ tenth anniversary in 2008, the studio has been running a residency programme.
The purpose of this opportunity is to promote professional development in printmaking and to create an arena for visiting artists to share their knowledge and experiences with ELP members. The programme supports the development of new work and access to a network of artists in London.
Based in the heart of East London’s contemporary art scene, ELP is dedicated to providing professional and affordable facilities in such a vibrant area.
Two artists per year will receive:
- 24-hour access to the studio’s facilities, 4.5 days a week
- £100 budget for materials
- £200 fee for running a one-day master workshop
- Free membership of East London Printmakers for one year
- Storage space for materials and a plan chest drawer
Applicants are invited to submit a proposal for a project lasting no longer than twelve consecutive weeks, focusing on either screen-printing, relief or intaglio or combination. The programme encourages experimentation and practising artists from all disciplines are encouraged to apply. The programme is open to local, national and international artists. Applicants need to be self-sufficient as this opportunity does not include accommodation or expenses for materials.
- 1 December for Artist Residency between January and June
- 1 June for the Artist Residency between July and December
More information can be found on the Residence page here.