I am interested in using collage, drawing and finally screen printing to explore the deconstruction of images and a process of re-assemblage to create a poetical narrative. I take inspiration from nature and from the human form, focusing on human fragility.
The pictures create their own stories, as I work on them they take on a life of their own, forming narratives that are completed in the viewer’s imagination.
BA Hons (Fine Art 1997) Middlesex University/Cooper Union NY.
Alongside my studio practice I am also a senior Lecturer at Middlesex University on the Graphics course.
- Happy Birthday Edward Lear: Poetry Cafe, Covent Garden, London, 2012
- Euro Arts Open studios June 2012
- Penny Fielding Gallery and Interiors, Walthamstow, London, 2012
- Concourse Gallery Southampton, 2012
- The Original Gallery September 2012
- Aldeburgh Poetry Festival 2012