Alice Valentina Biga was born in London in 1987. At an early age she moved to her father’s hometown of Cuneo, Italy. In 2010 she completed a BA degree in Fine Arts at the Albertina Academy of Fine Arts in Turin, where she discovered most of the printmaking techniques she uses today. Etching is the technique she experiments with most, and which she uses to investigate the theme of the necessity of memory in relation to death. In September 2012 she exhibited her work in the Postgraduate Show at Camberwell College of Arts to complete her MA degree in Printmaking. Simultaneously she exhibited at the Mall Galleries as part of Bite: Artists making prints.
- October 2011- September 2012: Master of Arts Visual Arts (Printmaking), Camberwell College of Arts, London – UK.
- 2006- 2010: BA in graphic arts, Albertina Academy of Fine Arts, Torino – Italy.
- 2001- 2006: level in Art, Art School “Ego Bianchi,” Cuneo – Italy.
Other Relevant Experiences
- Awarded “East London Printmakers Prize 2012”.
- BITE: ARTISTS MAKING PRINTS, Mall Galleries, Federation of British Artists , London
- Virtual exhibition on ArtFinder.com http://www.artfinder.com/ as partnership of BITE
- MA show, Camberwell College of Arts, London
- EMIT, group exhibition, New Gallery, London
November 2009 : Second Prize Winner
- Premio Nazionale per Giovani Incisori – GINO CARRERA – 2 Edizione 2009 (National Award for Young Engravers – GINO CARRERA – 2nd Edition 2009)