I am a painter and printmaker. The luminosity and intensity of colour which etching offers both in single and multi-plate images is at the heart of my work where colour is an experience. My work is an exploration of the elusive territory where the mind slips between what is known and what is imagined. The starting point may be an illuminating text or personal experience but the intention is to take the viewer on an internal journey rather than to tell a story.
BA (First Class, WSCAD) in Painting, MA in Printmaking (Camberwell College of Arts)
Printmaker’s Council Student Award
Artist in Residence at London Metropolitan University
- Candid Art Gallery London, Il Bisonte Gallery Florence
- The Royal Academy Summer Show 2009
- Clifford Chance Award Show
- Curwen Gallery London
- Rectory Gallery London
- ‘Printworks’ Unit 2 Gallery London
- The Royal Academy Summer Show 2010
- Printmakers Council Group Exhibition – Bankside Gallery London 28 June – 3 July
- Chamalières Triennale – Chamalières Auvergne France 9 October – 27 November
Major open shows include New Contemporaries, John Moore’s XI, Royal Academy Summer Exhibitions, Royal Institute of Oil Painters, National Portrait Gallery BP Portrait Awards, Pacesetters, and the Royal Society of Portrait Painters.